This page has already been transcribed. You can find new pages to transcribe here.


[Page 362]

The object to the description of a grant in the Lachlan District as published in the Govt Gazette of the 27th Septr 1848, in which it is numbered 160 - & stated to be owned by Mr James Thorn & called Wantabadgery - because this description evidently includes a considerable portion of our run in the same District, called Nangus, & Numbered 87 in the Gazette above mentioned. Although the description of No 160 is exceedingly indefinable, it appears to include from 1½ to 2 miles of river frontage on the Murrumbidgee, next to our western boundary, and a strip of the back run of from 2½ to 3 miles in width, extending ten miles in length back from the river; The granted part of which land, so included in Mr Thorns description, has been in our continued occupation since May 1832, without having been disputed by any person. We beg to add however that the granted part of the river frontage belonging to our land so claimed by Mr Thorn was forcibly taken possession of 

Current Status: