Item 05: General William Holmes reports of operations and instructions for officers, 1914-1915 - Page 8
continue same with any required additions.
8. Be firm but not harsh
9. Insist on Police acting with fairness with other natives who commit offences.
10. If possible see official who has been acting as Magistrate and obtain all possible information from him as to Laws against the Natives.
11. Ascertain position of Police Barracks and place of detention or punishments for Natives.
12. Ascertain location of Native Hospital
13. Act in conjunction with OC Garrisons at Rabaul and Herbertshohe.
14. Insist on absolute protection of property of any German residents officials or other wise who may have departed.
15. Make a thorough search for arms amongst natives