Item 05: General William Holmes reports of operations and instructions for officers, 1914-1915 - Page 14
(21) Take steps to protect forts, magazines, barracks, stores, bridges, piers, wharves, etc.
(22) Establish signal station and look out on highest point near Government House.
(23) Get all possible information as to laws for Government of the Islands.
(24) Discover if possible the Local Magistrate.
(25) Act in conjunction with O.C. Native Police.
(26) Send full report daily to O.C. Expeditiondirect at 4.0 p.m. Special reports to be furnished as considered necessary.
(Sgd.) WILLIAM HOLMES, Colonel
Commanding Naval & Military Expedition.
7th September, 1914.