Item 05: General William Holmes reports of operations and instructions for officers, 1914-1915 - Page 11
10. Ascertain and report what supplies are available, such as food, coal etc.
11.Impound all Benzine
12. What Transport is available
(b) Ordinary Vehicles
(d) Boats, launches etc.
13. What Hospital accommodation exists
14. Select Barracks for Garrison
15. Do you recomd retaining any former Govt Officials in office if so report whether they are prepared to take an oath or give an assurance that they will perform their duties satisfactorily and place no obstacles in the way of the occupying force.
16. Ensure that your troops shall respect all public and private property of both Europeans and natives.
17. Treat natives firmly but not harshly.