Operations of No. 1 Machine Gun Section
on 11th & 12th September 1914.
Capt. J. L. Harcus O.C.
The Machine Gun Section left H.M.A.S. Berrima at 11.10 a.m. on 11th September 1914 forming part of the forces commanded by Commander Beresford. The section landed at KABA KAUL wharf at 11.30 a.m. & marched up the road leading south from the wharf as part of the supports. When the Section had gone 200 yards from the wharf it was ordered to drop the guns & clear the scrub left of the road. The scrub was searched for a distance of 1400 yards east, then half a mile south but no enemy were found & it returned to the guns at 1.10 p.m. At 2 p.m. the Section continued the march with the