Volume 65: Macarthur-Onslow correspondence, 1846-1929: No. 505
You are here
SPECIAL PRIZE FOR COTTAGE
MRS. MACARTHUR ONSLOW having offered a
special prize of Twenty-five Guineas for the
above, the Committee of the Camden A. H.
and L. Society invite entries for the same
under the following conditions :-
- Only bona fide Cottage Gardens, situated in the Police District of Camden, in which the occupier grows produce for his own use, are allowed to compete - any dispute as to the elegibility of any entry to be decided by the Committee.
- No prize will be awarded unless at least seven entries are received. The Society will give a second and third prize.
- Entrance fees - Members of the Camden A. H. Society free, Non-members 10s. each - which will go towards second prize.
- Should the judges consider none of the exhibits of sufficient merit to receive the first prize they may recommend the Committee to award a portion of the money only.
- Entries will be received up to 31st January, 1894.
- The exhibits will be judged in the month of March, 1984.
- No garden of less than 1/4 acre in extent may compete.
The following is the list of points by which the prizes will be awarded: -
|General Cultivation, Cleanliness and Neatness||100|
|Selection of Varieties and arrangement in planting||Flowers||25|
|Collection of Jams and Bottled Fruits made by exhibitor (or family) from his own fruit||50|
|Collection of Vegetable Seeds collected and grown by exhibitor||25|
|State of Fence or Hedge enclosing Garden (including gates)||25|