Item 02: Ellis Ashmead-Bartlett articles on the Gallipoli campaign, 1915 - Page 139
[Handwritten notes continued]
(8) State the coming of winter & the possibility of withdrawal.
(9) Show how useless are our positions & how they will be exposed to constant shell fire
(10) Describe the position at Helles Anzac & Suvla Bay.
(11) State the present sick rate as given by General Reid (12) What are the chances of the Balkan League being revived?
(13) Point out how our losses are always stated to be less than the Turks & how absurd this is.
(14) State the difficulties of the enemy.
(15) State how these views are held by the majority of the Army
(16) Point out how necessary it is to make preparations for the winter at once if it is decided to remain